· Physical: Bench top enclosure with
USB 2.0 interface includes preamplifier, amplifier, detector high voltage,
up to 4096-channels depending on model, Multichannel Analyzer with data
memory, LLD and ULD. Pulse height analysis and Multichannel Scaling modes.
Fully compatible with many scintillation detectors and commercial tube
· Data Input: BNC connector
multi-function input. On-board relays select internal preamplifier,
shaping amplifier or direct to ADC when using external signal processing.
· Gate Input: BNC connector.
Normally open gate. TTL low closes gate to ADC.
· HV Output: MHV connectors.
Positive output, (switched positive or negative outputs with HV option).
(SHV connectors optional), 0-2048 volts, 1mA maximum current at 1000
volts. High voltage is fully regulated and computer controlled in 2 volt
· MCS Input: BNC connector bypasses
internal preamp/amplifier. Accepts positive TTL signal >150nsec., 5MHz
· ROI Output: BNC connector.
Generates pulse each time an event occurs in set region of interest.
Requires ROI option.
· MSB Output: BNC connector. TTL
output of dwell counter most-significant-bit for synchronizing Mossbauer
· USB: USB type “A” connector. USB
· Preamplifier: Charge sensitive
preamplifier for use with scintillation detectors and PMTs.
· Amplifier: Bipolar shaping
amplifier with selectable peaking times of 1, 2, 4 and 8µsec. Computer
controlled coarse and fine gain from x1 to x160. Input polarity selection.
· External Preamp Power: DB-9F
connector supplies ±12 volts.
· ADC: Fixed conversion 10usec.
Computer selected conversion gain from 256 to 4096 channels depending on
model. Direct input accepts pulse peaking times of 0.5µsec. to 10µsec.
Includes dead-time correction when used in Live-time mode.
· LLD & ULD: Independently computer
controlled discriminators over entire input range. Operates prior to ADC
for reduced system dead time.
· Modes: MCA for pulse height
analysis, MCS for half-life decay or other time related studies and
· Timers: Real-time or Live-time
operation selectable in 1-second increments for PHA, or dwell times from
10msec. to 60sec. per channel in MCS mode. In Mossbauer mode, 100usec. to
· Data Memory: On-board dynamic RAM,
up to 4096 channels x 3 Bytes for data, plus region-of-interest flag.
· Deadtime: System dead time is
computed and displayed on screen during acquisition.
· Power: AC line, 100-250VAC,
50/60Hz, auto-sensing internal power supply with Universal Power Cord